SIGMA 3 Wilderness Survival Certifications
Each certification has rankings and level of certification within each sub category. Most of these requirements will be completed during the different courses but some requirements may require later testing. Certification programs are different than just attending these courses on a regular basis. If you have no interest in being certified by us then you don’t have to actually test out in the different skills sets. You can attend and get a certificate of completion. But if you decide to become certified then you will be required to produce verifiable results in all the different skill-sets! All certifications can be done on a private class or group class basis. After each course completion you will receive an Authorized Sigma 3 Survival Certification graduation certificate. You must tell us prior to taking the standard classes that you intend to certify because most of our students take the courses just for the skills training. And your testing will be separate from the other students in the class.
Wilderness Survival Certification Requirements:
- Must complete Sigma 3 Survival Standard Course
- You must sleep in one of our primitive survival shelters for each night of the class.
- Completion of a bow drill friction fire from beginning to end
- Student must complete and set every primitive/modern trap demonstrated.
- You must attend a wild edible plant walk. And you must be able to identify at least 10 common wild edibles, 10common medicinal plants and 3 poisonous plants.
- Must complete the Advanced Standard Survival Course
- You must sleep in the primitive shelters every night.
- Construct a hand drill kit and complete a friction fire from beginning to end.
- Student must complete and set all the traps we teach during this class. At least 4 types of primitive traps, 2 primitive snares, and one fish trap.
- Student must be able to identify 25 edible plants, 15 medicinal plants, and 7 poisonous plants.
- Lastly the student will make at least 6 feet of cordage and be able to make two basic cutting tools from the land. And you must complete the final two days of the adv standard without food or water that you brought with you!
- Must complete the Knife Only Survival Course
- Student must complete at least two wild edibles and medicinal plants courses. Or be able to pass a plant identification and uses test. This test can be taken when you are attending another certification course. You must be able to identify 50 wild edibles, 20 medicinal plants, 15 top poisonous plants and be able to state their specific survival uses.
- A final practical exam will be given and the test will be at the discretion of the instructor in charge of the training. You must reproduce a difficult survival skill within the given amount of time. The skill set chosen will be something learned from your previous training. The final certification will not be easier.