The art of tracking is one of the most complex skills that a survivalist can learn if they truly strive for mastery in this science and art. It is a skill that must constantly be practiced otherwise your discernment abilities will diminish greatly with time. Tracking is not only track interpretation but knowing the ecosystem around you. The more you know about your area and the animals in your area, the more you will know about individual tracks. I recommend that everyone study basic sign tracking for the animals in your area. These skills will help you tremendously in hunting, trapping, scouting, and so much more! At least learn the basics and if you love tracking then take the pursuit further! Check out these videos to further understand what tracking is all about!
The Six Tracking Discplines
Tracking Identification Skills
How to Age Tracks
Track Interpretation Skills
Interested in these survival skills? Come learn these skills and more at these courses:
- Wilderness S.E.R.E.- Our premier wilderness SERE course. Survive in the wilderness in tactical conditions!
- Scout Survival- Learn how to survive like a king with a lightweight scout survival kit.
- Urban S.E.R.E.- Learn how to survive hostile urban environments!
- Tactical Scout- Course that combines indian scout methods and combines them with hardcore modern special forces combat tactics!
- Tactical Tracking- You will leave our Tactical Tracking Course with a firm grasp on what it takes to track a person whether they are friendly or hostile!
- The Survival Standard- Our most popular basic survival course.